Group Run from Vizianagaram Fort main gate to SSK main gate
Written by PEMMA EKAMBARAM
Monday, 02 January 2012 07:22
- The Route remains the same starting from the main gate of the Vizianagaram fort.
- The distance comes roughly about 10 km from the fort to the Main gate of our school.
- Few buses are arranged to drop and pick up the participants along the way at intervals of about 2 km along the way which are at Vizianagaram Bus Station, The 'Y' Junction, Chakalipet, Chinnapuram and School's main gate.
- All participants to run,jog or walk are to report at the main gate of the fort by 7 am.
- It would be a group run or walk till the main gate of our school.
- While we are kick starting the event from Vizianagaram, those who can not be present at the starting by 7.30 am can also join the run at Y junction orchinnapuram or any point en route.
- As already mentioned those who like to run or walk the full distance have to adjust their speed such that they are at the School gate by 9 am approximately.
- They have to wait for others in case they reach before 9 am.
- The all the participants run together to the parade ground/ playground around 9.15am.
Relay Run by All in Batch wise.
- 2 or 3 batches are grouped in to one team forming in to 15 to 20 teams keeping in view the time left for rest of the old boys to complete Relay Run before 10.20 am.
- The youngest and latest batches who passed out in 2010 and 2009 are the first to run on the track to complete 400 meters carrying the Alumni MSG and Goldenjubilee banners.
- After finishing the round they hand over the MSG to the next batches team of 2008 and 2007 who are ready to get on to the track to finish their turn of 400 mtrs run.
- 1969,1968 and 1967 are the last team to run the track.
- The last team gets off the track and run till the newly built Indoor stadium complex entrance to hand over the MSG to Gen KR Rao,the GJC chairman
- He reads out the MSG to all assembled alumni and guests.
Key points to note.
- The event will be named as the' Golden Jubilee Run'
- One of the main reasons of pushing the time of assembly further to 10.30 am is for holding the 'Relay Run' on our school's playground and to have 100% participation of all of us in the event
- Batch coordinators are requested to ensure that all their batch mates complete their registrations,breakfast and be ready by 9.30 to take part in 'Golden Jubilee Run'.
- All are requested to wear the 'GJC' T-shirts given to to you at the time of registration.
- The participants for the full 10km are given extra T-shirts at the starting point at Vizinagaram it self. Please send in your T-shirts sizes so that we will try to arrange for the right sizes for all as far as possible.
Golden Jubilee Run Sub-Committee:
Happy to inform you that the following old boys headed by Mr. U Sekar are helping us in organaising theis to make it a big success.
- U.Sekar - 9848198536
- Kuriakose - 9440398686
- T. Ravi - 9848199234
- Com. P.C.Sekar - 9490415085
- B.Prabhakar - 9822727085
Kindly contact me or any of the above sikorian friends if you have any doubts or any soubts to be clarified.
Last Updated on Monday, 02 January 2012 07:28